Saturday, May 22, 2010

Thank you, Herr Gutenberg!

Where I Am: in my favorite chair, where I do most of my writing

What I'm Listening To: something baroque-ish - dunno what


If you haven't paid a visit to the blog, "Outside the Box" (link in my side bar to the left near the bottom), you should hop over now. Laurie posted an interesting observation on how the changes in communication have changed the world. As she pointed out, there are only three hundred years between the quill and ink and the text message. It boggles the mind.

This lead me to think about how we developed our abilities to communicate so rapidly and in such varied ways. This led me to post long-windedly to Laurie's blog, letting her enjoy my rambling thoughts. I have to tell you, folks, I think we need to thank Gutenberg and his movable type press.

Here. I'll link you to Laurie's entry so you, too, can try to follow my sometimes wandering reason.

http://lauriewipperfurth.blogspot.com/2010/05/letters-in-limbo.html


So, thanks, Herr Gutenberg! I bow deeply before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment